As Members of Pacific Northwest Association of Investigators, we share a singular responsibility for maintaining the integrity and trust of the investigative profession. In discharging this responsibility, we mutually pledge that:
- We will direct our concerted efforts toward the support, advancement, elevation, and furtherance of high personal and professional conduct in the pursuance of business in our own communities, our respective countries, and with our fellow members wherever they may be; and toward the objectives of the association to observe the precepts of truth, accuracy and prudence;
- We will strive to strengthen the membership by selecting and approving for membership only those individuals qualified personally and professionally and whose business operations are conducted in an honest and legitimate manner;
- We will be faithful and diligent in carrying out assignments entrusted to us, determine the true facts, and render honest and unbiased reports in reference thereto; and perform our professional duties in accordance with the highest moral principles.
- We will respect the best interest of our clients by reporting the full facts ascertained as a result of the work and effort expended whether they be advantageous or detrimental to the interest of the client; and that nothing be withheld from the client save by the dictates of law.
- We will preserve a client’s confidence beyond the term of employment; and other employment will not be accepted which involves the disclosure or use of the confidences or conflict of interests, whether for the advantage of the member or to the disadvantage of the client without his knowledge and consent.
- We will perform our duties within the bounds of the law and will not permit nor demand of any employee nor fellow member any violation of the law or any manner of fraud; nor interfere in the administration of justice or fair trial in the courts.
- We will not tolerate unscrupulous invasion of our business contracts with clients by any member who intrudes willfully and knowingly for their own advantage or financial gain to the detriment and/or injury of another member.
- We will immediately inform the association of any unlawful or unprofessional practices of any other member.
- We will promote educational programs and training intent designed to raise standards and practices, improve efficiency and increase effectiveness of the members and their employees.
- We will avoid conflicts with fellow members; remembering that written agreement or letter stating terms, conditions and fees between members, or a member and client, constitutes a sound business relationship. The investigator business is a profession and all financial transactions should be handled on that basis. Will not accept compensation, commission, rebate or other advantage from others without the knowledge and consent of the client. Refrain from using unprofessional media for advertising or by personal communications or interviews fail to qualify in a professional capacity and fidelity to trust.